Dear Kolibri DAO Members,
The Plenty Team is proposing a “launch partnership” between the new Plenty and the Kolbri DAO. As part of the launch partner program, Plenty is creating a limited edition veNFT lock, exclusively for the Kolibri DAO.
Plenty is an all-in-one DeFi platform on Tezos which enables users to:
- Trade volatile assets, and/or stable assets at low cost and near zero slippage with a new type of flat curve.
- Bridge assets to Tezos from multiple EVM blockchains.
Read more about Plenty’s white-paper here.
Plenty’s new AMM has an efficient way of bootstrapping the liquidity for the protocols with a sustainable and fair incentive mechanism for liquidity providers (LPs).
Current AMMs subsidize liquidity providers with token emissions irrespective of the fees the pool generates or the volume of the trade happening. With this format, LPs are inclined to support pools with high incentives like yield, while the LPs are supposed to go after pools that generate good trading fees, as they can earn a share from that as well. So clearly, there is a misalignment in the incentive mechanism with this design of current DEXs.
Hence, to better align the incentives, the idea of the new Plenty AMM is to simply give the most incentives (token emissions) to the liquidity that generates the highest fees.
Also, any protocol, DAO, or project on Tezos can easily incentivize its own liquidity. Whether it be for its token, stable-coin, or other derivatives, and fully accruing trading fees while doing so. Additionally, protocols can bribe users with additional incentives, to direct more votes to their pools.
- Yield farming is a manual process. The project team has to transfer tokens, and the DEX team has to recharge the farms manually.
- At one time multiple farms might be running on a DEX, and the amount of DEX tokens that get decided upon stays the same throughout until the farm is over.
- Dual-farming is an even more tedious job as it requires both the DEX and Token teams to add rewards using the methods above.
- Using bribes, you can generate liquidity that ensures the growth of your token’s liquidity pool.
- The highest bribed pool is most likely to get the max PLY emissions, enabling your users to take advantage of dual-farming in a way that guarantees liquidity growth.
- A user adds liquidity and gets LP tokens.
- Stakes the received LP tokens in a Gauge to get PLY emissions/rewards
- Lock the PLY for a certain period to get a veNFT with certain voting power.
- The higher the lock period, the greater the voting power of the veNFT
- The veNFT can be traded on secondary markets like Objkt.com
- the User votes on their favorite pools using the veNFT and gets trading fees generated on those pools.
- 100% of the trading fees generated on a particular pool go to the veNFT holders who voted on the pool.
- Along with trading fees, the user also gets bribes attached to that particular pool. The protocols use bribes as a means to attract voters to their pools to further deepen the liquidity of the pool.
Few points to note:
- PLY emissions are distributed to the Liquidity pools according to the percentage of votes on the pool.
- Voting happens every epoch (one week). So, veNFT holders are expected to vote every week to get their share of trading fees.
More details are explained here.
With Plenty’s new incentive system and vote-escrowed mechanism, it helps projects easily bootstrap the liquidity and sustain it, while still earning trading fees. Projects can deploy their token trading pairs against any other existing token. The potential users of the projects can provide liquidity and trade (buy/sell) the tokens while getting PLY rewards, trading fees, and bribes.
- You can create and deploy a volatile pair (eg.- ctez/kdao) or a stable pair (eg.- kusd/usdt)
- You can direct the PLY rewards to your own project’s token pairs by voting using the veNFTs.
- The more the people vote on a pool, the more PLY would be directed to the pool. If you start with voting for your pool, this helps people to keep voting on your pool so that they receive more PLY emissions.
- You can integrate the PLY rewards system in your own protocol if you are building anything which requires a DEX. Buy locking PLY, you could also essentially claims all the trading fees that happens on your AMM.
- You can earn trading fees on the pools you voted for using the veNFT.
- You can attach bribes to attract more votes to your pool.
- The more bribes you attach, the more people would vote for your pool.
As part of the launch partner program, Plenty is creating a limited edition veNFT lock, exclusively for the partner’s project. We have handpicked all the performing projects and upcoming interesting projects on Tezos and we invite you to be part of this exclusive program. The veNFTs will be airdropped to either you or your project’s community. You can distribute the veNFT to your community or keep within your team to actively vote for emissions. In a nutshell, this is a PLY token drop but with added aesthetics and functionality the veNFT. That gives your community a chance to vote for your project’s token pairs and help bootstrap the liquidity.
Being a part of the Launch Partner Program, you won’t have to buy PLY or a veNFT. The Plenty team would give the Kolibri DAO a fraction of PLY tokens in the form of a veNFT. All the Kolibri DAO has to do is keep voting every week for token pairs to direct PLY emissions and earn trading fees. The bribes mechanics can be explored in later proposals to strengthen the liquidity of kUSD.